Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Sun & Moon

شمسية
ت ث د ذ ر ز س ش ص ض

قمرية
ب ج ح خ ع غ ف ق ك م ه و ي
  • بارد cold
  • حار hot
  • غائم cloudy
  • مطر rain ممطر rainy
  • ثلج snow مثلج snowy
  • مشمس sunny
  • عاصف windy
  • دافئ warm
ماذا تعني؟
what do you mean?

ماذا يعني هذا بالعربية؟ 
what does that mean in arabic?
- this would not be used for asking what a word is in translation. It is for meaning. Thus, it would be used for if one wanted to know the meaning of " paint the town read" in arabic.

ماذا تعني هذه الكلمة بالينجليزية؟ 
what does that word mean in English?

Questions:
  1. why does it change from هذا to هذه ?
It changes b/c "word" is F, thus female form هذه must change to F form.
y3ni changes to t3ni for the same reason.

I believe the reason I was confused about this is because I am used to constructing sentences with pronouns at the beginning of the sentence, and basing if my words should be F/M from these pronouns. Thus, when the sentence did not start with a pronoun I was confused on why the sentence would be F/M.



No comments:

Post a Comment