I notice that I like to try to construct sentences from what I know, treating the language like a puzzle. When I learn a new word or how to construct a particular type of sentence I immediately want to create a sentence with something relevant in my life. For example, I love omelets so when I was learning the command form of sentences I created a sentence related to cooking omelets.
The first 3 sessions revolved around grammar. I felt very confident after my 3rd session that I can construct many sentences that I could not before. I did not feel motivated in my fourth session to focus on grammar. I wanted to just write! During my 4th session I did minimal grammar work and asked questions about common expressions that I wanted to use in conversational Arabic: what are you doing? where are you going?
Remembering:
I haven't had a lot of time to process the new information that I have learned. I often have to look back at past lessons to remember. That is why I like to keep a detailed record on the blog of what I learned.
No comments:
Post a Comment